Wednesday, March 23, 2011

telephathy?

Sigrid and I have been out of touch for  months- yet just today, after having written yesterday about her and my biography, I find an e-mail from her! Coincidence?Perhaps.  Yet such "coincidences" seem to be happening to me a lot - like receiving a telephone call the very minute I'm about to call someone I haven't talked to for a long time....I do believe there is something like telephathy - communication through the airwaves - the stratosphere - ways that seem mysterious to us nowadays simply because science has not yet  masteered the technique - how one mind can communicate with another through the airwaves or the elecrtric energy around us, the way television is transmitted,. For that matter, to me, that this blog, being  typed in my study in  California can be read, for instance by Suriya in India,  seems  equally mysterious , and the only reason I know it can happen is because I received a message from him.  It's just that nowadays we still need the technical intermediary of the internet;  -in the future, I believe people will be able to train their minds for direct telepathic communication without such an intermediary whenever they want to, instead of just by "coincidence" - Anyway, I do believe that I have some ability or talent to being a "receptor" though I still don't know how to guide it .    In fact, perhaps the episode I described previously about intuiting that the man  palm I held was contemplating suicide ties in to this ability - or, in effect, intuition. 
I know that my intuition has served me well in the course of doing my many workshops - often "rationalized" as the ability to identify ego states faster and more precisely than just through experience or training.
Perhaps this is really the topic I want to explore in some detail in the course of writing this blog .
For now, here is another experience that comes to mind:-
I suffered a bad accident in October l999 - 3rd degree burns on my left arm and back - from having worn a nylon kimono which caught fire - spent more than 2 months in the hospital - should have died, statistically l02% likelihood given my age -  but thanks to excellent  care - 6 skin grafts done by Dr. Ikeda at St,Francis Hospital - I recovered completely. During the period of recovery, in the course of my 2nd month  at the hospital , while I was still on heavy opiate drugs, there were a number of times where I had the physical sensation of messages of goodwill tingling at my skin.  Imagination? Perhaps. Yet often such sensations were quite strong. Of course, during this period, my daughter was busily sending e-mail reports about my condition to  large numbers of friends all over the world  who were inquiring and sending cards and good wishes by mail, and when she visited she would read some to me or show me cards.  So I was well aware that many people were thinking about me.  Still, I did feel  that these physical sensations of "receiving good will through the skin" were of a particular kind, perhaps comparable to what Transcendental Meditation devotees talk about, and beyond simple auto-suggestion.  Anyway, nowadays if/when a friend is sick or grieving I do try to mentally concentrate to "transmit" good feelings - which may or may not be helpful,  but then, why not?

2 comments:

  1. Fanita, Rupert Sheldrake, research biologist UK, has a book about dogs who know when their master is coming home- research that correlates dogs behavior with times chosen randomly for the master to return home. Good study of telepathy.
    I know the stop sign I was at when my mother died. Ten minutes later as I entered the house my tanta said "Jon" I interrupted with, "I know, mom died."

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many of us are intuitive in these ways and don't have much permission to talk about them with each other? I am convinced that these abilities contribute to my success as a therapist. Laurie http://www.LaurieWeiss.com

    ReplyDelete